It’s hilarious that non-Americans on Tumblr are all like “OMG DENNY’S TUMBLR MAKES ME WISH I LIVED IN AMERICA SO I COULD EAT THERE,” while us Americans will literally only eat at Dennys if it’s 3 in the morning and we’ve lost control of our life.
You don’t go to Denny’s. You end up at Denny’s.
Papaw: The doctor thought it was poison oak and a week later he was dead. When he got so weak he couldn’t eat, the hospital said we dont know what it is, but it isn’t poison oak.
Val, walking outside: Better late than never!
Me, whispering: It was too late! He’s talking about what killed Uncle Leroy!
1956: Gordon Parks documented the everyday lives of an extended black family living in rural Alabama under Jim Crow segregation for Life magazine’s photo-essay “The Restraints: Open and Hidden.” (via)
These are so beautiful and so haunting and so fucked up.
Reblogging because look at these and realize we are not even looking back 100 years
- Blue Swede | Hooked on a Feeling
- Raspberries | Go All The Way
- Norman Greenbaum | Spirit in the Sky
- David Bowie | Moonage Daydream
- Elvin Bishop | Fooled Around and Fell in Love
- 10CC | I’m Not in Love
- Jackson 5 | I Want You Back
- Redbone | Come and Get Your Love
- The Runaways | Cherry Bomb
- Rupert Holmes | Escape (The Piña Colada Song)
- The Five Stairsteps | O-O-H Child
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell | Ain’t No Mountain High Enough